EITC You’ve Earned It!
NEW EXTENDED HOURS:
From now until Monday, April 16th
Monday – Saturday: 10am – 9pm
Sunday: 1pm – 6pm
Special hours for Monday, April 16th: 10am – 10pm
Non-appointments holders, must call ahead to see if there are openings.
PEACE, Inc. helps people with low to moderate income receive the largest refund possible and access all eligible tax credits as our volunteers prepare and e-file tax returns from mid-January until April 18th.
If you meet ALL the following qualifications, you can get your taxes prepared for FREE!
- Your total 2017 household income is $54,000 or less and
- Investment income is less than $3,500 and
- Resident of Onondaga County and
- You had income in 2017 from wages, self-employment, pension, or government benefits and
- You do not own rental property and
- You did not declare bankruptcy in 2017 and
- You did not receive military pay and
- If you are self-employed, you did not have employees or inventory, you do not deduct your home as an expense, and you did not have a business loss.
Call 315.634.3756 ext 1 to schedule an appointment.
For your convenience we also provide Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA) on Saturdays for those who make $64,000 or less. We have two computers for self-assistance with a volunteer available to assist you with navigating the tax website. Please email email@example.com to set up a Saturday appointment for the FSA.
This year’s location
ShoppingTown Mall (Sears wing)
3649 Erie Blvd East
Dewitt, NY 13214
You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- Driver’s License, New York State ID ot Picture ID for you (and your spouse if filing jointly)
- Social Security Cards & Birth dates of everyone you are claiming
- Wage & earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest & dividends statements from banks (forms 1099)
- Total paid to daycare & daycare’s Tax ID# (providers Social Security # or business employer ID#)
- Forms 1095-A, B or C for Health Insurance
- Copy of 2016 federal & state returns, if available
- For faster returns: Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- Education :
Education Credits (1098-T) 2017 statement of account from educational institution
Student loan interest deduction (1098-E)
Volunteers are still needed to help prepare tax returns. For more information, contact Project Manager Ralph Lyke at 315.634.3756 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
217 South Salina Street, 2nd Floor, Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315.470.3300 • Fax: 315.688.0309