Free Tax Program
Save the Dates for Volunteers
November 18th, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
ShoppingTown Mall (Sears wing)
Obtain your user name & password prior to orientation
December 16th & 17th, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
SUNY EOC, 100 New St., Syracuse (across from Burger King on S. Salina St.)
217 South Salina Street, 2nd Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: (315) 634-3756
Fax: (315) 472-8939
This year’s location – ShoppingTown Mall
3649 Erie Blvd East
Dewitt, NY 13214
Hours of operation and appointment scheduling:
This site is currently closed for tax preparation until January 20, 2015.
Appointment scheduling will begin prior to this date. Please check back for information.
Calendar of hours of operation and appointment scheduling
Helping people with low to moderate income receive the largest refund possible by accessing all eligible tax credits as we prepare and e-file their tax refunds from mid-January until April 15th.
- Including E-file (when applicable)
- Volunteer/Internship Opportunities
- Training for volunteering opportunities begins mid-November. Please call or email.
See if you qualify for EITC You’ve Earned It!
- Your total 2013 household income is $51,567 or less
- Resident of Onondaga County
- You had income in 2013 from wages, self-employment, pension, or government benefits
- You do not own rental property
- You did not declare bankruptcy in 2013
- You did not receive military pay
- Your 2013 interest income is less than $3,300
- If you are self-employed, you did not have employees, you do not deduct your home as an expense and you do not have inventory.
If you meet ALL qualifications…then call 315-634-3756 for an appointment.
Walk-ins are welcomed however, preference is given to appointment holders.
You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- Social security card for ALL
Wage information (W2)
Social security statements (1099)
Unemployment benefits (1099G)
Pension/IRS statement (1009R)
- Blank Check with account/routing number (for direct deposits if receiving a rebate)
- Child care letter containing:
Signature of provider
Address & SSAN of Provider
Total Annual payment
Who the care was for
- Last year’s tax return