Free Tax Program
Training begins soon!
Save the Dates for Volunteers
Obtain your user name & password prior to training visit www.linklearncertification.com/d/
December 16th & 17th, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
SUNY EOC, 100 New St., Syracuse (across from Burger King on S. Salina St.)
217 South Salina Street, 2nd Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: (315) 634-3756
Fax: (315) 472-8939
This year’s location – ShoppingTown Mall
3649 Erie Blvd East
Dewitt, NY 13214
Hours of operation and appointment scheduling:
This site is currently closed for tax preparation until January 20, 2015.
Starting Tuesday, January 20th, site hours of operation are as follows:
Tuesdays 10 am – 5 pm
Wednesdays & Thursdays 12 – 7 pm
Saturdays 10 am – 5 pm
Appointment scheduling will begin Monday, January 5th – January 16th, Monday – Friday from 10 am until 4:30 pm.
Calendar of hours of operation and appointment scheduling
Helping people with low to moderate income receive the largest refund possible by accessing all eligible tax credits as we prepare and e-file their tax refunds from mid-January until April 15th.
- Including E-file (when applicable)
- Volunteer/Internship Opportunities
- Training for volunteering opportunities begins mid-November. Please call or email.
See if you qualify for EITC You’ve Earned It!
Get your taxes prepared for FREE!
To qualify for EITC You’ve Earned It!
- Your total 2014 household income is $53,000 or less and
- Resident of Onondaga County and
- You had income in 2014 from wages, self-employment, pension, or government benefits and
- You do not own rental property and
- You did not declare bankruptcy in 2014 and
- You did not receive military pay and
- Your 2014 interest income is less than $3,350
- If you are self-employed, you did not have employees, you do not deduct your home as an expense and you do not have inventory.
If you meet ALL qualifications…then call 315-634-3756 for an appointment. Starting Monday, January 5, 2015, phone lines will be open from 10 am until 4:30 to schedule an an appointment. These phone line will be open Monday through Friday for two weeks. After January 16th, phone lines will be open when the site is open.
You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- Social security card for ALL
Wage information (W2)
Social security statements (1099)
Unemployment benefits (1099-G)
Pension/IRS statement (1009-R)
Capital gain or loss (1099-B)
- Health Insurance (Affordable Care Act (1095-A, 1095-B)
- Education :
Education Credits (1098-T)
Student loan interest deduction (1098-E)
- Blank Check with account/routing number (for direct deposits if receiving a rebate)
- Child care letter containing:
Signature of provider
Address & SSAN of Provider
Total Annual payment
Who the care was for
- Last year’s tax return