6 /NON-EXEMPT 45 WEEKS PER YEAR
• LPN or RN currently licensed in New York State.
• Two years of related experience, preferably in working with pre-school children
• Knowledge of child and family health, which includes prevention concepts, and an interest in learning skills such as hearing and vision testing.
• An ability to communicate with pre-school children, parents, staff and professionals
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Computer data input skills
• Must have a valid NYS driver license.
• Ability to travel to various sites.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1. Work, in conjunction with the Health Coordinator and all other Head Start Staff, toward the goal of optimum health for children and to help link families into an ongoing health/mental health care source and encourage them to assume responsibility for their own care.
2. Observe daily health status of the children, following up on problems noted with staff, parents and professionals. Utilize Health Coordinator and Assistant Health Coordinator for technical assistance.
3. Perform required health screenings and maintain current physical and dental reports. After reviewing medical reports assist families in obtaining any identified medical care needed.
4. Serve as an advocate for child health.
5. Assist teachers in the preparation of children for various health procedures.
6. Responsible for maintaining current health records for designated center(s).
7. Teach positive health practices to staff, children and parents.
8. Promote environmental health and safety in the center.
9. Perform home visits and recruitment as needed.
10. Perform other duties as they relate to the team-approach of the Head Start/Early Head Start philosophy.
11. Maintain confidentiality of all family and child records and all matters relating to families.
12. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
13. Report incidents or concerns of child abuse and neglect.