August 27, 2021
RESPONSIBLE TO: TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
Syracuse - Transportation Department
NUMBER OF WEEKS PER YEAR: 52 weeks per year
- Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word, and Google Suites.
- Ability to type at least 30 wpm.
- At least one year of office administrative required. Fleet operations experience preferred.
- A current NYS driver license with a clean driving record for the previous 18 months.
- Experience driving buses and a NYS CDL Class B or A with air brake, passenger, and school bus endorsements is helpful.
- Responsible for the closing, locking of building and Transportation outside lot, as well as being sure the building alarm is set.
- Ensure all buses and bus drivers have returned safely. Physically walk each bus to be sure no children are left on the bus.
- Review repair work orders generated by the mechanics monthly, cross reference the receipt log and inventory log for accuracy and total each repair order.
- Keep MSDS sheets for all liquid and aerosol products utilized by the department and keep books accessible to staff.
- Keep a receipt log of auto parts purchased and complete a monthly and yearly inventory for the transportation department.
- Produce GPS fuel increase reports for all Head Start buses, and attach fuel receipts, to submit to the fiscal department for payment.
- Maintain spreadsheet of trained Head Start bus monitors and distribute regularly updated copies to the Head Start bus drivers and administrative staff.
- Perform various clerical tasks such as maintaining accurate and organized DOT and vehicles files.
- Perform dispatch functions, greet visitors to the Transportation office in a welcoming manner, and appropriately answer and direct phone calls and messages to the proper staff.
- Schedule drivers for field trips and socializations as needed.
- Keep the Transportation Supervisor informed of any unusual transportation situations.
- Operate school buses as needed, transporting students only as a contingency of last resort, if qualified under NYS DOT.
- Assist with continual cleaning and disinfection of common areas of the garage building as needed.