37.5 hours per week
52 weeks per year
• Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word, and Google Suites.
• Ability to type at least 30 wpm.
• At least one year of office administrative required. Fleet operations experience preferred.
1. Responsible for the closing, locking of building and Transportation outside lot, as well as being sure the building alarm is set.
2. Ensure all buses and bus drivers have returned safely. Physically walk each bus to be sure no children are left on the bus.
3. Review repair work orders generated by the mechanics monthly, cross reference the receipt log and inventory log for accuracy and total each repair order.
4. Keep Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all liquid and aerosol products utilized by the department and keep books accessible to staff.
5. Keep a receipt log of auto parts purchased and complete a monthly and yearly inventory for the Transportation Department.
6. Produce GPS fuel increase reports for all Head Start buses, and attach fuel receipts, to submit to the fiscal department for payment.
7. Maintain a digital spreadsheet and file folders containing information required for all approved agency drivers.
8. Perform various clerical tasks such as maintaining accurate and organized DOT and vehicles files.
9. Perform dispatch functions, greet visitors to the Transportation office in a welcoming manner, and appropriately answer and direct phone calls and messages to the proper staff.
10. Keep the Transportation Supervisor informed of any unusual transportation situations.
11. Assist with continual cleaning and disinfection of common areas of the garage building as needed.
12. Maintain confidentiality of all information.
13. Perform all other duties as required.
14. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.