August 27, 2021
Various Sites - Floating
GRADE: 4 /NONEXEMPT
- Ability to perform basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Requires experience in ordering supplies, maintaining inventory of supplies as well as, methods, materials, equipment, and safety procedures commonly used in custodial work.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Requires ability to lift 50 lbs. or more occasionally and perform a variety of routine custodial tasks which include bending, climbing, and walking.
- Must be accessible by telephone on 24-hour call and available to answer after hours alarm calls. Current/clean NYS driver's license required with reliable transportation.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Complete minor repairs on plumbing, electrical and carpentry work as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager to ensure building and grounds are maintained in a satisfactory manner.
- Strip, wax, polish, sweep and mop designated floors.
- Clean bathrooms, classrooms and offices in designated rooms on a daily basis.
- Refill soap, toilet tissue and paper towel dispensers as necessary and collect and dispose of all paper, rubbish and building trash daily.
- Paint walls and/or ceilings on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and documenting monthly fire drills in the building in conjunction with the site supervisor and staff.
- Work in conjunction with the Asst. Facilities Operations Manager to ensure supplies for the building (consumable and non-consumable) are maintained in an adequate inventory.
- Work in conjunction with the Asst. Facilities Operations Manager in the ordering and maintenance of necessary tools to ensure the building is maintained. (ie. vacuum cleaner, floor polisher, hand tools, etc.)
- Work in conjunction with the Asst. Facilities Operations Manager to ensure proper functioning of the alarm/security system and be on the call list to answer alarms.
- Open and/or close the building in a secure manner.
- Do upkeep of the boiler system in an emergency and to contact the Asst. Facilities Operations Manager or Assistant Coordinator if the system needs attention.
- Move furniture and equipment as directed, to prepare facility for organizational activities and special events.
- Load and unload delivery trucks, transport supplies to proper areas and to assist in the handling of bulky and heavy articles.
- Wash outside windows, police outside property to keep free of trash; to cut/rake lawn, shovel and salt walkways as needed.
- Work evenings for center functions as scheduled and to be available for emergencies and be available to work a flexible schedule at short notice.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.