• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Public Administration, Communications, Business Administration or other related fields.
• Two years or more of experience in grant writing, fund development or other related work.
• Proficiency in research and writing on diverse topics.
• Proven track record in grant writing, program development or other related field.
• Working understanding of budgets, program research and data analysis.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively on projects and lead team projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word Suite is required. Experience with donor, data, or data visualization software is a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
1. Research and identify new funding prospects and write grant proposals.
2. Use and interpret PEACE, Inc. data for development of grant proposals, reports and donor solicitation.
3. Facilitate communication between departments to ensure timely completion of program reports and other funder requirements.
4. Meet regularly and collaborate with members of the agency leadership team to establish funding priorities.
5. Function as a member of the community engagement team which works together to maximize awareness, utilization and support of PEACE, Inc. programs.
6. Compile, analyze and interpret data for the Community Assessment from various community resources, working with the appropriate programs and departments, and communicate findings of the completed Community Assessment with staff and the community.
7. Support the creation and implementation of strategies for donor cultivation, development and appreciation including maintenance of donor database.
8. Foster collaboration and partnership, both internally and externally, to promote agency programs. This includes developing and maintaining effective networks with staff, funding sources, governmental entities and other human services programs in Syracuse and Onondaga County.
9. Coordinate contracts for new projects and review progress with accountants and program directors.
10. Assist with maintenance of agency compliance & update agency information with various government agencies (i.e. Grants Gateway, SAMS, etc.).
11. Perform all other duties as required.
12. Maintain confidentiality.
13. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.