37.5 hours per week
45 weeks per year
• LPN or RN currently licensed in New York State.
• Two years of related experience, preferably in working with pre-school children.
• Knowledge of child and family health, which includes prevention concepts, and an interest in learning skills such as hearing and vision testing.
• An ability to communicate with pre-school children, parents, staff and professionals.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Computer data input skills.
• Valid NYS driver license.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must have received at least an initial vaccination for COVID-19.
1. In conjunction with the Health Coordinator and all other Head Start Staff, work toward the goal of optimum health for enrolled children, help link their families into an ongoing health/mental health care source, and encourage them to assume responsibility for their own care.
2. Observe daily health status of children in assigned classroom(s), following up on problems noted with staff, parents and professionals. Utilize Health Coordinator and Assistant Health Coordinator for technical assistance.
3. Perform required health screenings and maintain current physical and dental reports. After reviewing medical reports, assist families in obtaining any identified medical care needed.
4. Serve as an advocate for child health, and teach and promote positive health and safety practices.
5. Assist teachers in the preparation of classroom children for various health procedures.
6. Responsible for maintaining current health records for designated location(s).