37.5 hours per week
42 weeks per year
• Must have High School Diploma or GED.
• Experience working with children under age 5.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must have received an initial vaccination regimen for COVID-19.
(Employee will be enrolled in our Child Development Associate (CDA) credential program within 6 months of employment to be completed within 2 years of employment).
1. Ensure that all children assigned to class are supervised at all times. Perform regular counts of children assigned to ensure that they are accounted for.
2. Assist the assigned classroom team in implementing a child-centered, quality early childhood program.
3. Assist in providing a safe, warm and supportive classroom atmosphere that supports each child’s individual growth and development.
4. Support the contribution of parent involvement and to assist in the implementation of this in all aspects of the educational program.
5. Support and assist center staff as assigned.
6. Assist in completing observations of children. Input daily attendance and meal counts into computer program, PROMIS. Assist with documentation for in-kind.
7. Serve as a bus monitor/rider as assigned.
8. Assist with the delivery of nutrition services to children as assigned; including, but not limited to the following: storage of food and supplies, participate in family style dining, clean-up and sanitation, nutritional educational activities.