37.5 hours per week
45 weeks per year
$26.14 to $29.40 per hour
• Must have, or obtain within three years of hire, a valid NYS teaching certificate to include Nursery through 4 year olds; e.g.: Birth through 2nd Grade or Nursery through 6th Grade.
• Bachelor or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education, or in a related field that is supplemented by 24 credit hours in early childhood education. (Certification pending)
• One year of early childhood lead teacher experience.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Ability to work with and interact with children and adults in a group setting.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
SUMMARY: Promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of children. Provide and maintain a safe environment for children and ensure that children are appropriately supervised at all times.
1. Ensure that all children assigned to class are supervised at all times. Perform regular counts of children assigned to ensure that they are accounted for.
2. Establish and maintain a safe, healthy, learning environment.
A. Provide a safe environment to prevent and reduce injuries.
B. Promote good health and nutrition.
C. Use space, materials and routines as resources for developing an interesting, secure, and enjoyable environment that encourages play, exploration, and learning.
3. Advance physical and intellectual competence to promote higher level thinking skills.
4. Support social and emotional development through attachment, initiative and self-regulation and provide positive guidance.
5. Establish positive and productive relationships with families.
6. Collaborate with other staff as appropriate and be responsible for planning, record keeping and observations and individualizations.
7. Ensure that the sponsoring school district’s requirements are met.
8. Report incidents and concerns of child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter.