HOME BASED SUPERVISOR
- Two-year degree Human Services, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or a related field.
- Two years of experience working directly with parents and/or pregnant women and/or children under age 5 within at-risk families.
- Must have knowledge and experience in child development and early childhood education, the principles of child health, safety, and nutrition, adult learning principles and family dynamics.
- Must have knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families with appropriate agencies and services.
- Must be skilled in communicating with and motivating people.
- Must have a valid NYS driver license and have ability to travel.
- Maintain full enrollment of Head Start/Early Head Start children and pregnant women. Discussing with families of enrollees the program requirements and services provided.
- Regularly communicate with families on caseload (up to 12) once each week.
- Develop educational activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and/or infants based on each child’s assessment and identified family needs.
- Facilitate each family's development of a safe, appropriate, learning environment for their home.
- Initiate case conferences that involve other program functional areas, as well as community agencies involved with the family.
- Complete required documentation (e.g.: assessment plans, end of month reports, database entries) in a timely manner.
Note: In lieu of regularly-scheduled visits to homes of families on caseload, during the COVID-19 pandemic educators are communicating with families primarily by phone or videoconferencing from their offices.