Duration of employment
52 Weeks per year
August 27, 2021
Infant or Toddler Teacher Aides
RESPONSIBLE TO: SITE SUPERVISOR
Early Head Start - Sumner
GRADE: 3 / NONEXEMPT
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- One year’s experience working with children 6 weeks to 18 months of age.
- Warm personal characteristics necessary for establishing relationships with infants and families.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Employee must be enrolled in an Infant/Toddler CDA program within 6 months of employment, to be completed within two years of employment).
- Ensure that all children assigned to class are supervised at all times. Perform regular counts of children assigned to ensure that all children are accounted for.
- Assist the child development team in implementing a child-centered, quality early childhood program.
- Assist in providing a safe, warm and supportive atmosphere that will help support each child’s individual growth and development as well as develop a continuing positive attitude toward learning.
- Support the contribution of parent involvement and to assist in the implementation of this in all aspects of the educational program.
- Participate in workshops and training sessions to further knowledge and experiences in the Early Head Start functional areas, Performance Standards and child development; for personal and professional growth.
- Support and assist center and child development staff as needed.
- Have responsibilities as a bus monitor/rider as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all child records and all other matters relating to families.
- Assist with the delivery of nutrition services to children as assigned including but not limited to the following: storage of food supplies, participate in family style dining, clean-up and sanitation, and nutritional educational activities.
- Document and coordinate to maintain non-federal share (in-kind) records for classroom and site to include volunteer hours for parents.
- Assist in completing observations of children. Input daily attendance and meal counts into computer program, PROMIS. Assist with documentation for in-kind.
- Report incidents or concerns of child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Perform all other duties as they relate to the comprehensive team-approach of the Early Head Start philosophy.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.