Full-Time, Weekdays 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Stars between $17.00 to $18.00 per hour
• High school diploma or GED.
• General carpentry skills and ability to install replacement windows and doors.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to operate computer software designed for blower door calculations.
• Ability to bend, lift 50 lbs., crawl in confined spaces, climb ladders and use power and hand tools.
• Must have a current NYS driver license, pass a physical examination and complete drug and alcohol screening.
1. Properly install high-density blown cellulose, including removing and replacing different types of siding materials without damage to siding.
2. Install air-sealing materials to control infiltration using proper applications and techniques.
3. Perform all measures requiring carpentry skills on housing units as assigned.
4. Perform interim and post blower door tests to measure infiltration rates. Use blower door to direct air sealing measures, utilizing computer software to generate flow reports.
5. Maintain proper material inventory control records.
6. Properly use and maintain Weatherization program tools and equipment.
7. Comply with all rules and regulations pertaining to Weatherization safety rules and procedures. Perform practices and procedures to ensure worker, co-worker and client health and safety.
8. Participate in training activities to stay current in procedures and techniques.