52 weeks per year
37.5 hours per week
• Requires a high school education or equivalent, and preferably a minimum of one year of experience in construction or carpentry.
• General carpentry skills, and basic understanding of construction materials and their proper application, knowledge of building types, components and terminologies.
• Ability to attend provided Weatherization trainings to develop an understanding of insulation materials, equipment, and sidewall and attic installation techniques and methodologies.
• Must be willing to accept guidance and direction from Crew Leader.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to operate computer software.
• Ability to bend, lift 50 lbs., crawl in confined spaces, climb ladders, and use power and hand tools.
• May be exposed to heat, cold, and various other conditions in the field.
• Must have current NYS driver license and pass a physical examination and drug/alcohol screening.
1. Properly install high-density blown cellulose, including removing and replacing different types of siding materials without damage to siding.
2. Install air-sealing materials to control infiltration using proper applications and techniques.
3. Perform all measures requiring carpentry skills on housing units as assigned.
4. Perform interim and post blower door tests to measure infiltration rates. Use blower door to direct air sealing measures.
5. Maintain proper material inventory control records related to units worked on.
6. Properly use and maintain Weatherization program tools and equipment.
7. Comply with all rules and regulations pertaining to Weatherization safety rules and procedures. Perform practices and procedures to ensure worker, co-worker and client health and safety.
8. Participate in provided training activities to stay current in procedures and techniques.
9. Maintain confidentiality of all client and agency information.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
11. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.