37.5 hours per week
52 weeks per year
• Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of one year of experience in work related to construction or carpentry.
• General carpentry skills including the ability to install replacement windows and doors.
• Understanding of insulation materials, equipment and sidewall and attic installation techniques.
• Understanding of construction materials and their proper application.
• Math skills relevant to responsibilities of the position.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to be trained on software designed for blower door calculations.
• Must be physically able to bend, lift 50 lbs., crawl in confined spaces, climb high ladders and use power and hand tools. May also be exposed to fumes, heat, cold, and various other conditions in the field.
• Must have a current NYS driver license.
• Must pass a pre-hire physical examination and drug/alcohol screening.
Hired candidates will be provided with training for the Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification as a Building Analyst I within one year.
1. Properly install high-density blown cellulose, including removing and replacing different types of siding materials without damage to siding.
2. Install air-sealing materials to control infiltration using proper applications and techniques.
3. Perform all measures requiring carpentry skills on housing units as assigned.
4. Perform interim and post blower door tests to measure infiltration rates. Use blower door to direct air sealing measures, utilizing computer software to generate flow reports.
5. Maintain proper material inventory control records related to units worked on.
6. Properly use and maintain Weatherization program tools and equipment.