weekdays 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have good basic math and reading skills.
• Knowledge of city and county street/routes desired.
• Must possess a current NYS driver’s license and have a clean driving record with zero (0) points during the preceding eighteen (18) months.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. of food containers on a daily basis.
• Must have an interest in working in a food service operation.
1. Assist in receiving and storing food deliveries at kitchen, rotation of stores and performing inventories as required. Assist in the preparation of meals for up to 500 meals per day.
2. Responsible for delivering food using an agency van to sites where meals will be served.
3. Assist others in leading volunteers at each meal site.
4. Take food temperatures and count numbers of participating seniors, and record data and complete forms required by Onondaga County Department of Aging and Youth.
5. Collect and count contributions and record amounts, with assistance of volunteers. Make daily bank deposits of contributions from meal sites.
6. Set up coolers, bread, desserts and supplies at the sites. Keep coolers clean and sanitary.
7. Assist in serving the food and cleaning up the meal site.