37.5 hours per week
52 weeks per year
• Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in gasoline powered light, medium, and/or heavy duty trucks and/or buses as a mechanic, including 2 years experience working on cars/mini-vans and a NYS inspection license. Must have own tools.
• Must possess, or be able to secure within 90 days, a NYS –CDL-B with passenger and school bus endorsement.
• Must have a clean driving record for the prior 18 months, with zero (0) points charged.
• Also not more than one (1) MV accident within three (3) years and zero (0) points charged.
• Must maintain DOT qualifications/certification.
1. Ensure that vehicles are maintained in a safe operating condition by;
a) scheduling and obtaining preventative maintenance as required,
b) responding to break-downs and vehicles malfunctions as necessary,
c) reviewing and maintaining vehicle preventive maintenance logs.
2. Perform vehicle maintenance and repair in the Transportation garage.
3. Diagnose vehicle mechanical and electrical problems/malfunctions.
4. Provide for and oversee the outsourcing of specific repairs not performed in-house, including quality and cost control.
5. Maintain upkeep of the garage and grounds, including keeping walkways clean (shoveled and salted during winter), handling bulk oil and waste oil in compliance with DEC regulations, and assisting with cleaning and disinfecting common indoor areas.
6. Assist with Transportation Department building repair and to move items from site to site as needed.
7. Assist in the purchasing of small parts and supplies for all agency vehicles, as well as inventory controls.
8. Drive school bus (or other agency vehicles) with or without passengers, as required.
9. Perform all other duties as they relate to the agency, philosophy and procedures.
10. Maintain confidentiality of all information.
11. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.