August 27, 2021
RESPONSIBLE TO: DIRECTOR BBBS
Big Brothers / Big Sisters Program, Syracuse
PAY GRADE: 4 /NON-EXEMPT
- A two-year degree in social work or human services, plus field work experience in case management.
- Must have a working knowledge of referral agencies in Onondaga County that deal with youths and families an understanding of youths from 6 to 12 years of age.
- Ability to help facilitate cooperation between families and volunteers.
- Must be available for some weekend and evening work.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Personal computer skills necessary.
- Bilingual skills helpful.
- Conduct telephone inquiries and in-home interviews with families, children and volunteers.
- Participate in programs supporting the efforts of volunteers with their children (i.e.: group activities, volunteer support groups).
- Assist with families, children and volunteers as needed to assure a successful match.
- Make referrals to support agencies.
- Process and maintain all case records as required to ensure compliance with funding source(s).
- Participate in training programs that relate to specific position responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all volunteers/families.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.