32 hours per week
52 weeks per year
• High School Diploma or GED.
• At least 6 months related experience in food services.
• Ability to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
• Ability to work around young children.
• Experience working in school or day care setting preferred.
1. Observe good personal hygiene habits. Wear clean and washable clothing and sturdy closed-toe shoes. Wear apron and hair covering provided by Head Start program.
2. Follow established procedures for hand washing and food handling.
3. Take food and food storage temperature readings and record daily entries in temperature logs. Calibrate food thermometers frequently and record weekly.
4. Track enrollment, consumption and inventory to assist in forecasting of production needs.
5. Food Serving and Storage:
A. Receive food from central kitchen to ensure that necessary items are on hand for all meals.
B. Store food promptly and at proper temperature.
C. Distribute food to classrooms and help serve meals and snacks as scheduled.
D. Make sure that all menu items are served, and follow special dietary needs, as indicated.
6. Clean-Up and Dishwashing:
A. Load and unload dishwasher, and rinse empty food transport containers thoroughly.
B. Keep food preparation and serving areas clean and sanitized.
C. Perform other cleaning duties as assigned (refrigerators, countertops, appliances, etc.).
D. Monitor supplies of paper goods and cleaning supplies: notify Site Supervisor in advance when orders need to be placed.