August 27, 2021
Preschool Teacher Aide, Head Start
RESPONSIBLE TO: SITE SUPERVISOR
West Genesee Street, Syracuse
PAY GRADE: 3 / NON-EXEMPT
NUMBER OF PROGRAM WEEKS: 44 WEEKS PER YEAR
- Must have High School Diploma or GED. Preschool Child Development Associate credential helpful. (Employee can be enrolled in a Child Development Associate credentialing program through the employer).
- Experience working with children ages 3 to 4.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ensure that all children assigned to class are supervised at all times. Perform regular counts of children assigned to ensure that all children are accounted for.
- Assist the assigned classroom team in implementing a child-centered, quality early childhood program.
- Assist in providing a safe, warm and supportive classroom atmosphere that supports each child’s individual growth and development.
- Support the contribution of parent involvement in all aspects of the educational program.
- Support and assist center staff as assigned.
- Assist in completing observations of children. Input daily attendance and meals into database.
- Serve as a bus monitor/rider as assigned.
- Participate in workshops and training sessions to further knowledge and experience in the Head Start functional areas, Head Start Performance Standards and child development; for personal and professional growth. Assist with implementing and supporting the outcomes framework
- Assist with the delivery of nutrition services to children as assigned; including, but not limited to the following: storage of food and supplies, participate in family style dining, clean-up and sanitation, nutritional educational activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of family and child records and all matters relating to the families.
- Document and coordinate to maintain non-federal share (in-kind) records for classroom and site to include volunteer hours for parents.
- Report incidents and concerns of child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Perform all other duties as they relate to the comprehensive team-approach of the Head Start philosophy.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.