6 hours per week
44 weeks per year
• A two-year degree in social work or human services, plus field work experience in case management.
• Must have an understanding of youths from 8 to 18 years of age, and the ability to help resolve interpersonal issues between volunteer mentors and their mentees.
• Must have knowledge of school systems and ability to work with school personnel.
• Must have a valid NYS driver license and reliable transportation.
• Personal computer skills necessary.
1. Conduct in-school interviews with elementary school littles and high school/college bigs.
2. Create files on littles and bigs. Maintain records of on-site mentoring sessions. Collect information through interviews and surveys. Input all information into Match Force.
3. Plan and lead weekly activities for littles and bigs., i.e.: one-on-one sessions, tutoring/learning, snacks, group activities, outings, etc.
4. Provide match support to littles and bigs to assure a successful match.
5. Plan, coordinate and sometimes directly supervise transportation of littles and bigs.
6. Maintain inventory of program supplies.
7. Collect information and data as required to ensure compliance with funding sources.
8. Maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to all program participants.
9. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
10. Perform all other duties as required.