37.5 hours per week
52 weeks per year
$16.00 per hour
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• One year’s experience working with children 6 weeks to 18 months of age.
• Warm personal characteristics necessary for establishing relationships with infants and families.
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Access to reliable transportation.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Employee must be enrolled in an Infant/Toddler CDA program within 6 months of employment, to be completed within two years of employment).
1. Ensure that all children assigned to class are supervised at all times. Perform regular counts of children assigned to ensure that all children are accounted for.
2. Assist the child development team in implementing a child-centered, quality early childhood program.
3. Assist in providing a safe, warm and supportive atmosphere that will help support each child’s individual growth and development as well as develop a continuing positive attitude toward learning.
4. Support the contribution of parent involvement and to assist in the implementation of this in all aspects of the educational program.
5. Participate in workshops and training sessions to further knowledge and experiences in the Early Head Start functional areas, Performance Standards and child development; for personal and professional growth.
6. Support and assist center and child development staff as needed.
7. Have responsibilities as a bus monitor/rider as assigned.
8. Maintain confidentiality of all child records and all other matters relating to families.
9. Assist with the delivery of nutrition services to children as assigned including but not limited to the following: storage of food supplies, participate in family style dining, clean-up and sanitation, and nutritional educational activities.
10. Document and coordinate to maintain non-federal share (in-kind) records for classroom and site to include volunteer hours for parents.
11. Assist in completing observations of children. Input daily attendance and meal counts into computer program, PROMIS. Assist with documentation for in-kind.
12. Report incidents or concerns of child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter.
13. Perform all other duties as they relate to the comprehensive team-approach of the Early Head Start philosophy.
14. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.