August 27, 2021
Mentor Manager – School Based
RESPONSIBLE TO: BBBS PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Big Brothers / Big Sisters – Central Square Schools
PAY GRADE: 4/NON-EXEMPT
SCHEDULE: 5 – 10 HOURS/WEEK; 44 WEEKS PER YEAR
- A two-year degree in social work or human services, plus field work experience in case management.
- Must have an understanding of youths from 8 to 18 years of age, and the ability to help resolve interpersonal issues between mentees and volunteers.
- Must have knowledge of school systems and ability to work with school personnel.
- Must be available for some weekend and evening work.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Personal computer skills necessary
- Conduct in-school interviews with children from Elementary schools and volunteer mentors.
- Maintain records of on-site mentoring sessions; collect necessary information and file records accordingly.
- Plan and participate in weekly activities for mentors and mentees, i.e.: tutoring sessions, group activities, park outings, etc..
- Assist children and school mentors as needed to assure a successful match.
- Plan and coordinate transportation arrangements for children after school from program activities.
- Maintain inventory of program supplies.
- Prepare and maintain all appropriate reports as required to ensure compliance with funding sources, and submit accordingly.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to the children and their mentors.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.