August 27, 2021
Insulation Crew Member
RESPONSIBLE TO: CREW SUPERVISOR
Energy & Housing Services, 811 East Washington Street, Syracuse
- Requires a high school education or equivalent, and preferably a minimum of one year of experience in construction or carpentry.
- General carpentry skills, and basic understanding of construction materials and their proper application, knowledge of building types, components and terminologies.
- Ability to attend provided Weatherization trainings to develop an understanding of insulation materials, equipment, and sidewall and attic installation techniques and methodologies.
- Must be willing to accept guidance and direction from Crew Leader.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to operate computer software.
- Ability to bend, lift 50 lbs., crawl in confined spaces, climb ladders, and use power and hand tools.
- May be exposed to heat, cold, and various other conditions in the field.
- Must have current NYS driver license and pass a physical examination and drug/alcohol screening.
- Properly install high-density blown cellulose, including removing and replacing different types of siding materials without damage to siding.
- Install air-sealing materials to control infiltration using proper applications and techniques.
- Perform all measures requiring carpentry skills on housing units as assigned.
- Perform interim and post blower door tests to measure infiltration rates. Use blower door to direct air sealing measures.
- Maintain proper material inventory control records related to units worked on.
- Properly use and maintain Weatherization program tools and equipment.
- Comply with all rules and regulations pertaining to Weatherization safety rules and procedures. Perform practices and procedures to ensure worker, co-worker and client health and safety.
- Participate in provided training activities to stay current in procedures and techniques.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client and agency information.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.