37.5 per hours per week
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Must have good basic math and reading skills.
• Knowledge of city and county street/routes desired.
• Must possess a current NYS driver’s license and have a clean driving record with zero (0) points during the preceding eighteen (18) months.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. of foodstuffs on a daily basis.
• Must have an interest in working in a food service operation.
• Experience is desirable but not essential.
• Must have interest and ability in working with the elderly.
1. Assist in receiving and storing food deliveries at kitchen, rotation of stores and performing inventories as required. Assist in the preparation of meals for up to 500 meals per day.
2. Responsible for delivering the food to the nutrition sites where the meals will be served.
3. Set up coolers, bread, desserts and supplies at the sites. Maintain coolers in clean and sanitary conditions.
4. Lead the team of volunteers at the meal site, in conjunction with senior FSD staff and other site personnel.
5. Take food temperatures and count numbers of participating seniors, and record data and complete forms required by Onondaga County Department of Aging and Youth.
6. Collect and count contributions and record amounts, in conjunction with volunteers.
7. Assist in serving the food and cleaning up the meal site.
8. Make daily bank deposits of contributions from meal sites.
9. Make deliveries of food to food pantries.
10. Make pick-ups of food donations as required.
11. Responsible for compliance with P.E.A.C.E., Inc., driver manual procedures to include responsibility for minor maintenance of the van, i.e.: fluid checks, safety checks.
12. Participate in pre-service and in-service training programs.
13. Assist in other related program areas whenever necessary and to perform all other duties as assigned.
14. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
15. Maintain confidentiality of all information.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.