Hours of operation
If you have questions about taxes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PEACE, Inc. helps people with low to moderate income receive the largest refund possible and access all eligible tax credits as our volunteers prepare and e-file tax returns from mid-January until April 15th.
If you meet ALL the following qualifications, you can get your taxes prepared for FREE!
- Your total 2018 household income is $55,000 or less and
- Investment income is less than $3,500 and
- Resident of Onondaga County and
- You had income in 2018 from wages, self-employment, pension, or government benefits and
- You do not own rental property and
- You did not declare bankruptcy in 2018 and
- You did not receive military pay and
- If you are self-employed, you did not have employees or inventory, you do not deduct your home as an expense, and you did not have a business loss.
Call 315.634.3756 during the tax season.
You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- Driver’s License, New York State ID ot Picture ID for you (and your spouse if filing jointly)
- Social Security Cards & Birth dates of everyone listed on your tax return
- Wage & earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Form SSA-1099 for Social Security
- Interest & dividends statements from banks (forms 1099)
- Total paid to daycare & daycare’s Tax ID# (providers Social Security # or business employer ID#)
- Forms 1095-A, B or C for Health Insurance
- For sole proprietors/independent contractors, you did not have a business loss, no employees & your business expenses were less than $10,000. Please bring a summary sheet of your gross income, and an itemized list of any expenses.
- Copy of 2017 federal & state returns, if available
- For faster returns: Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- Education :
Education Credits (1098-T) 2017 statement of account from educational institution
Student loan interest deduction (1098-E)
Volunteers are still needed to help prepare tax returns. For more information, contact Project Manager Ralph Lyke at 315.634.3756 option 3 or email@example.com.
217 South Salina Street, 2nd Floor, Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315.470.3300 • Fax: 315.688.0309