Free Tax Prep

Hours of operation

If you have questions about taxes, please email

PEACE, Inc. helps people with low to moderate income receive the largest refund possible and access all eligible tax credits as our volunteers prepare and e-file tax returns from mid-January until April 15th.

If you meet ALL the following qualifications, you can get your taxes prepared for FREE!

  • Your total 2018 household income is $55,000 or less and
  • Investment income is less than $3,500 and
  • Resident of Onondaga County and
  • You had income in 2018 from wages, self-employment, pension, or government benefits and
  • You do not own rental property and
  • You did not declare bankruptcy in 2018 and
  • You did not receive military pay and
  • If you are self-employed, you did not have employees or inventory, you do not deduct your home as an expense, and you did not have a business loss.

Call 315.634.3756 during the tax season.

You will need to bring the following documents with you:

  • Driver’s License, New York State ID ot Picture ID for you (and your spouse if filing jointly)
  • Social Security Cards & Birth dates of everyone listed on your tax return
  • Wage & earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Form SSA-1099 for Social Security
  • Interest & dividends statements from banks (forms 1099)
  • Total paid to daycare & daycare’s Tax ID# (providers Social Security # or business employer ID#)
  • Forms 1095-A, B or C for Health Insurance
  • For sole proprietors/independent contractors, you did not have a business loss, no employees & your business expenses were less than $10,000. Please bring a summary sheet of your gross income, and an itemized list of any expenses.
  • Copy of 2017 federal & state returns, if available
  • For faster returns: Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
  • Education :
    Education Credits (1098-T) 2017 statement of account from educational institution
    Student loan interest deduction (1098-E)

IF YOU DON’T QUALIFY FOR EITC, but your Adjusted Gross Income is less than $66,000, you can prepare your own federal and NYS income tax returns for free by visiting the link below.mft-logo (1)(2)

Volunteers are still needed to help prepare tax returns.  For more information, contact Project Manager Ralph Lyke at 315.634.3756 option 3 or

Administrative Office:
217 South Salina Street, 2nd Floor, Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315.470.3300 • Fax: 315.688.0309