Updated: 3/31/2020 at 8:30pm
In addition to regular updates, we will continue to provide links for resources, including:
- Resource Sheet for For City residents (and especially those living on the Southside), The Stand Newspaper has released a great Covid-19 Info sheet. Everything that you might need can be found there. Resource Sheet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- New York State Department of Health, https://health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/.
- For those homes with students that lack internet access, Spectrum cable is offering free service. Call 844-488-8395 for details.
- Materials for Speaking with your Children about the Coronavirus, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/talking-with-children.html; https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource
- Emotional and Mental Health Counseling: New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Activities and Teaching Materials for Families and Homebound Kids:
- Talking is Teaching https://talkingisteaching.org/staycation; https://time.com/5803373/coronavirus-kids-at-home-activities/
- Scholastic offers free access to many of its teaching materials and project ideas https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/…/learnathome.html
- Locally, WCNY has a “Parents, Educators, and Caregivers” resource page with its TV classroom schedule and lots of fun apps: http://www.wcny.org/stayconnected/
- Emergency funds for freelancers, writers, musicians, and artists. Note: A number of the emergency funds are for California cities and communities only. https://www.kqed.org/arts/13876893/emergency-funds-for-freelancers-creatives-losing-income-during-coronavirus
- Emergency funds for Restaurants and Restaurant Workers. There are links for national as well as state and local emergency funds. https://rocunited.org/stop-the-spread/coronavirus-support/
- Facebook for Business (soon to be forthcoming…) https://www.facebook.com/business/grants?content_id=KKf6RWdyo87L7QO
- The City of Syracuse has designated funds to support local small business through a loan program: https://ourcity.syrgov.net/2020/03/mayor-walsh-announces-sedco-loan-program-for-small-businesses-impacted-by-the-coronavirus/
- Free Bus Fare for All Centro Users Starting 3/24/2020 https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/03/centro-all-bus-rides-free-starting-tuesday-to-get-critical-need-workers-to-jobs.html
- Local Restaurants who are Offering Takeout Services https://wsyr.iheart.com/content/2020-03-18-the-syracuse-takeout-guide/
- New York State Unemployment Services https://www.ny.gov/services/get-unemployment-assistance
- Guide to Parenting & Family Health During COVID-19 https://www.joinsprouttherapy.com/parent-and-health-covid19