August 27, 2021
Family Development Advocate
RESPONSIBLE TO: CENTER COORDINATOR
Tully – County South family Resource Center
- A minimum of 6 months of experience in social work or a related field, including experience working with families and children at risk.
- Some college experience helpful.
- Knowledge of resources available in Syracuse and Onondaga County to assist families in crisis.
- May be required to work flexible hours including evening and weekends.
- A current New York State driver license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation is required.
- Must have or commit to Family Development Credential training within one year.
- Provide multi-services offered by PEACE., Inc. and other local, state and Federal agencies either directly or on a referral basis to area residents.
- Provide home-based services to identified families using the family development approach.
- Develop case management plans and maintain family service records. This will be supported by participating in case conferencing on a regular basis with other staff.
- Participate with Family Resource Center staff in establishing and implementing community development plans and activities with youth and their families, Neighborhood Advisory Council meetings and daily operation.
- Assist Coordinator with community outreach and recruitment of volunteers. Attend various community events as requested by Coordinator.
- Complete all reports as required on timely basis by report deadlines.
- Participate in training programs which relate to specific job responsibilities (i.e.: Family Development Credential training).
- Monitor and track hours of all volunteers, community service workers, experience work and Jobs Plus workers, interns or any other in-kind services.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.