42 weeks per year
• Must have High School Diploma or GED.
• Experience working with children birth to age 5.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good Communication skills.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Employee must be enrolled in a CDA program within 6 months of employment to be completed within 2 years of employment).
1. Ensure that all children assigned to class are supervised at all times. Perform regular counts of children assigned to ensure that all children are accounted for.
2. Assist the assigned classroom team in implementing a child-centered, quality early childhood program.
3. Assist in providing a safe, warm and supportive classroom atmosphere that supports each child’s individual growth and development.
4. Support the contribution of parent involvement and to assist in the implementation of this in all aspects of the educational program.
5. Support and assist center staff as assigned.
6. Assist in completing observations of children. Input daily attendance and meal counts into computer program, PROMIS. Assist with documentation for in-kind.
7. Serve as a bus monitor/rider as assigned.
8. Participate in workshops and training sessions to further knowledge and experience in the Head Start functional areas, Head Start Performance Standards and child development; for personal and professional growth. Assist with implementing and supporting the outcomes framework
9. Assist with the delivery of nutrition services to children as assigned; including, but not limited to the following: storage of food and supplies, participate in family style dining, clean-up and sanitation, nutritional educational activities.
10. Maintain confidentiality of family and child records and all matters relating to the families.
11. Document and coordinate to maintain non-federal share (in-kind) records for classroom and site to include volunteer hours for parents.
12. Report incidents and concerns of child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter.
13. Perform all other duties as they relate to the comprehensive team-approach of the Head Start philosophy.
14. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V